Community Bonding – KDE – WikiToLearn
On May 5th night, we had a hangout call with our project mentors and other GSoC students of WikiToLearn team.
This is the first hangout call we had with respect to GSoC.
We discussed the following things :
* Having a blog account and keep updating the progress in it. Also to find a way to mirror our blog and WikiToLearn wiki page to keep track of everything.
* We discussed our project proposals. We felt it will be a good idea if we inform about our project ideas to upstream contributors, MediaWiki contributors so that they could help us if we have any problem with respect to MediaWiki extension development.
* Make use of WikiToLearn tech channel effectively for every technical problem because we have experienced people there who could help us to solve it.
Things which I have done till now :
* Created an account on KDE identity.
* Got KDE developer access.
* Aggregated my Blog with KDE planet.
* Have an account on Phabricator.
* Have an account on KDE Bugtracking System. (WikiToLearn team doesn’t use it much.)
* Updated my user page on WikiToLearn.
* Created a doc which shows a list of days and hours I’ll be working/taking off.
* Running MediaWiki instance locally in my system.
* Installed and enabled VisualEditor. (Playing with it)
* Spending some amount of time in configuring Parsoid server. (I need to link VisualEditor and Parsoid server so that they talk each other and enables me to create and save wiki pages.)
Things I’ll work on next :
* Configure Parsoid server.
* Design workflow scheme for collaborative editor extension.
* Try out some simple VE extensions.